While we take great pride in the superiority of our products and believe that our multi-layered quality-control process is second to none, from time to time a small imperfection might slip out of the factory. Recognizing this, SLASH backs all of its products with a two-year warranty against material defects. For details of our warranty and the warranty claim process, please see the FAQs below, or stop by any Authorized Slash Dealer for help.
What is SLASH’s warranty policy?
All products made by SLASH have a two (2) year warranty against manufacturer’s defects from the date of purchase from a SLASH Authorized Dealer. Further, this warranty only covers defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, excessive abuse or misuse, impacts of any kind, cosmetic issues, or damage related to, or resulting from, modifications made after purchase. You MUST keep your sales receipt when you purchase a SLASH product. This is your proof of purchase and you will need to show this if you need to warranty your product. The warranty is only applicable to the original purchaser and is void if your product was purchased from another person or an unauthorized dealer (including, without limitation, Craig’s List, Ebay, etc.) Please see our Authorized SLASH Dealers on this website.
What do I do if I think I have a warranty claim?
If you think you may have defective product, you can take it back to the place of purchase or any Authorized SLASH Dealer. The Authorized SLASH Dealer will take a look at the product and help you determine the best course of action. The Authorized SLASH Dealer will call SLASH’s warranty department or the regional distributor and get a RETURN AUTHORIZATION (RA) NUMBER so that the product can be sent back to SLASH and inspected.
Alternatively, if you purchased the product from an Authorized Online Dealer, you can contact the SLASH warranty department (in the U.S.) or your regional distributor (outside the U.S.) and arrange to send the product back yourself. A postage and handling fee may be charged if the product is returned to an Authorized SLASH Dealer that is outside of the country where the product was initially purchased. For product purchased online, the “country of purchase” is the location from which the online dealer shipped the product. Warranty claims made in the country where the product was purchased may still incur an administration/postage and handling fee unless prohibited by local laws.
ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY PROOF OF PURCHASE AND AN RA #.
Do I need to register my SLASH product to qualify for SLASH’s warranty?
Your SLASH product currently does not need to be registered for warranty, but you will need a valid proof of purchase from an Authorized SLASH Dealer to pursue your warranty claim.
Do I or the shop need a RETURN AUTHORIZATION # to return my product to SLASH?
Yes. Individuals or shops are REQUIRED to obtain an RA# prior to returning product to SLASH.
How long will it take to get my product back once I send it in?
That will depend on how we handle the claim. Once we receive your product at our facility, please allow up to 5 business days for us to process the claim and determine whether your product will be replaced, repaired, or denied. If repairs are needed, the work may require an additional 7-14 days to complete. If not, we can usually process your claim and ship replacement product in a day or two.
Please also factor in 2-7 business days of return shipping time as well, depending on your location.
Will SLASH pay for the shipping costs for me to send the product back ? Can they send me a call tag to have the board picked up?
No & No. Our basic warranty shipping policy is that the customer or shop pays to ship the product back to us and we pay to ship the repaired/replaced or denied product back to the customer or shop.
What happens if SLASH is out of stock of the product that I need to have replaced?
If we are out of stock of the model you have sent back, we will give you the option of choosing a different size of the same model, or any comparable model of equal or lesser value. If nothing is available in a comparable model or size, we will ship you a replacement product at the beginning of the next season.
WHAT HAPPENS IF SLASH IS OUT OF STOCK OF THE PRODUCT THAT I NEED TO HAVE REPLACED?
IF WE ARE OUT OF STOCK OF THE MODEL YOU HAVE SENT BACK, WE WILL GIVE YOU THE OPTION OF CHOOSING A DIFFERENT SIZE OF THE SAME MODEL, OR ANY COMPARABLE MODEL OF EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE. IF NOTHING IS AVAILABLE IN A COMPARABLE MODEL OR SIZE, WE WILL SHIP YOU A REPLACEMENT PRODUCT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE NEXT SEASON.
Can SLASH fix my board because I ran into something?
No. We recommend consulting the Authorized SLASH Dealer who sold you the board. If you purchased your board from an Authorized Online Dealer, and do not have a local snowboard shop, we will be happy to help you find a reputable one nearby to do the repair.
What kind of damage does the warranty cover?
Below are examples of the types of damage we do and don’t cover. If you don’t see your particular damage on the lists below, please take the product in to your Authorized SLASH Dealer and they can give you advice on how to proceed. If you bought your product from an Authorized Online Dealer, contact us directly. Please take some pictures of the damage and include a detailed description with your inquiry. Do NOT send the product back without contacting us first and getting an RA #.
Snowboard damage accepted as warrantable:
- Structural cracks and water infiltration on top laminate, base or sidewall due to improper lamination. (while wood core is not broken)
- Topsheet, edge, sidewall, delaminations.
- Tip and/or tail radius lacquer cracks causing a loss of adhesion to top surface.
- Insert cracks, structure cracks or water infiltration around the inserts.
- Spinning or stripped inserts (not caused by improper mounting of binding hardware)
Snowboard damage NOT covered by warranty:
- Any intentional damage or unintentional damage caused by the rider’s carelessness, abuse, misuse or neglect.
- Damage caused from chairlift breakage.
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship.
- Damage caused by use solvents or adhesives.
- Damage to Slash products caused by non-Slash products.
- Impact damage coming from rocks, stumps, rails, etc.
- Stress cracks in lacquer, and non-structural cracks on used snowboards.
- Any damage caused by, related to, or resulting from modifications made after purchase and not authorized by Slash.
- Scratches, chips and/or indentations in the topsheet.
- Graphic fading, discoloration, or other aesthetic blemishes that do not impair performance.
- Minor base irregularities, including base dimples in binding insert area.
- Damage caused by improper mounting or adjustment of bindings.
- Improper rider-board match (i.e. too much weight on a too short board).
- Spinning or stripped inserts caused by improper mounting of binding hardware.
- Damages incurred in shipping/transportation.
- Damages caused using improper length of mounting screws.
How often should I call or email to check on the status of my warranty case?
Please keep the calls and emails to a minimum regarding your claim and always give your RA # when inquiring about your case. The less calls and emails we get the more time we have to take care of your case.
Can I upgrade my replacement product to a more expensive product?
Yes, but it will cost you the difference in price to get the upgrade.
Please do not hesitate to contact us.